CSA Program Details
2022 CSA Program Now Enrolling!
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture: “A CSA consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farming operation where the growers and consumers share the risks and benefits of food production. CSAs consist of a system of weekly pick-up of vegetables and fruit.”
In Fall of 2011 we devoted ourselves to starting a CSA. Our motivation for starting a CSA program was to connect our consumers to our farm and allow them to understand and feel confident in the source of their food. Being farmers in Long Valley for 99 years, it is important to us to provide our community with the knowledge and accessibility to healthy & local produce. We want our customers to have the opportunity to get fresh produce and experience the health benefits that come along with it.
2022 Season Start Date: Week of May 15th
2022 Season Details
- New! Choose from our 21 week season or 26 week season (includes our 5 week extension
- 1 Vacation week worked into the season
- Receive weekly recipes and produce care instructions
- Substitutions allow you to remove produce you may not use and swap it for something else (LV pick up only)
- You can have your share pre-boxed or box it yourself and hand-select each item, to ensure it meets your needs.
- Multiple pick up day options (Tuesday or Thursday)
- Membership benefits:
- Shareholders get a 10% off discount card to use on purchases at Ort Farms during the CSA season
- CSA Member farm tour and exclusive events
- NEW! CSA Kids Club included with every membership
- Plenty of Add-On options!
- Add on eggs, cheese, milk, bread, or a local specialty item to your share!
- Our CSA Produce is grown naturally and sustainably, without GMO seeds and using Integrated Pest Management
View our list of produce that might be in your share
(Actual weekly variety changes weekly based on season and harvest)
Designed for families of 4+ or anyone who loves to cook and is a devoted locavore.
Designed for families of 2-4, perfect for anyone who is on the go! Great for anyone with small children. Includes a great mix of common cooking vegetables and fruits.
Perfect for single people or couples. Includes basics and essential fruit and vegetables most commonly used.
Why Ort Farms?
The most flexible program in the area- you get what you want each week.
Fruit and vegetables, weekly bonus items available like meat, ice cream, pickles and more!
Competitive price and save even more with your 10% discount card in the store.
Exclusive Member Events
Kids' days, access to PYO fields, farm tours and CSA picnic, just for YOU!
Pick Up Locations
- Farm Store in Long Valley
- South Plainfield (Neighborhood chapter)
- Morris Plains Farmer's Market in Morris Plains
- Home Delivery (delivery only available within 10 miles of our location)
- Start a chapter at your workplace or in your neighborhood...learn more!
Additional Membership Benefits
- 10% off discount card for additional purchases in our farm stand during the CSA season! *Excludes meat, dairy, and mulch
- Exclusive on-farm events (tours, picnics, and more)
- Support local farmers and know how/where your food is grown
- Children's program- CSA Kids Club
- Weekly recipes & storage tips